WiM-Virginia Mentoring Program Overview
If you’re interested in participating, please submit an application!
The mission of the WiM-Virginia Chapter Mentoring Program is to help develop our members by providing them with the knowledge and leadership skills that will empower them to realize their full potential. By facilitating mentoring relationships, providing opportunities for reflection and self-examination, and teaching practical leadership skills, the program helps women in industry strengthen their self-confidence, find their voice, learn to wield influence and exercise authority, and articulate and pursue leadership goals.
The following Goals are the cornerstone of the mentorship program:
- Help participants identify and achieve career development and personal growth goals
- Support building a bench of future women leaders
- Foster higher levels of engagement and career vision
- Equip participants with the tools necessary to perform to their highest capabilities
- Create opportunities to meet and partner with others of different job titles and cultural boundaries
- Help to expand an individual’s network
- Create a culture that sees mentorship as an effective way of developing individuals.
What Makes a Mentor?
Mentors should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry.
- Meet the time commitment outlined in the program document.
- Currently hold a manager, supervisor, or leadership/professional equivalent role.
- Notified your company of participation in program, if applicable.