What is a Scramble Format?
Scramble format involves 2-person teams where each player on the team hits a tee shot, and then the players decide which shot they like better. The two players then play from that spot. The player whose shot was not taken moves their ball to within one club length of the selected spot. Both players then play a shot from that spot, and again pick which one they like better.
This continues until the hole out.
A couple rules:
- Players are allowed to place their ball within one club length of the selected spot (no closer to the hole).
- Players may not improve their lie. If the ball you choose is in the sand, it must remain in the sand. Likewise, you cannot place your ball in the fairway if your marker is in the rough.
- Max score on any hole is a double bogey.
The team score is the total of the best shots.
- Women play from the red ladies tees
- Men play from the white tees
- Men over the age of 60 may play from the senior tees if available
- Children under the age of 12 play from the junior tees if available, otherwise play from red tees